Search

800 Silver

800 silver refers to a type of silver alloy that contains 80% pure silver and 20% other metals, usually copper. It is also known as “coin silver” because historically, silver coins were often made from this alloy. 800 silver is commonly used in the manufacture of jewelry, flatware, and other decorative items.

In Italy, the term “800 silver” refers to a standard of silver purity that is equivalent to 80% pure silver. This means that out of a total alloy weight, 80% of it is pure silver, and the remaining 20% consists of other metals such as copper or zinc.

In the Italian silver industry, items made from 800 silver are often marked with the hallmark “800” to indicate their silver content. This mark can typically be found on the underside or back of an item, and it serves as a guarantee of the item’s quality and purity.

800 silver is considered a high-quality silver alloy and is widely used in the production of decorative and functional items such as cutlery, jewelry, and home decor. It is also a popular choice for silverware and flatware due to its durability and resistance to tarnishing.

Filters

Styles
Styles
Origin
Origin
Period
Period
Price
Price Filter - slider
£7,500£7,500
Material
Materials Filter
Techniques
Techniques Filter