A Pair of French Neo Classical Gilt bronze Four Light Candelabra
- Pair of late 19th-century neoclassical ormolu gold and white marble candelabra
- Each with four arms issuing from gilt bronze carnation flowers
- Raised on classical white marble bodies with classical gilt bronze mounts
- Rams heads symbolise creativity, imagination, and vitality, along with the energy to act upon an initiative
- The pure white marble bodies most probably come from Carrara in Tuscany, Italy
- The flat areas of gilding have a slight ripple to the surface, this is only achieved through burnishing.
- White and gold were particularly admired for their ‘purity’
- 16.5inches (42cm) high x 10 inches (25.3 cm) wide; base: 3.5 inches (8.8cm) square
Complimentary Fine Art Shipping and Zero Import Duties On Full Price Purchases
To order by phone or get more information call us at +44(0)2076920897
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.