A Pair of French Neo Classical Gilt bronze Four Light Candelabra
- Pair of late 19th-century neoclassical ormolu gold and white marble candelabra
- Each with four arms issuing from gilt bronze carnation flowers
- Raised on classical white marble bodies with classical gilt bronze mounts
- Rams heads symbolise creativity, imagination, and vitality, along with the energy to act upon an initiative
- The pure white marble bodies most probably come from Carrara in Tuscany, Italy
- The flat areas of gilding have a slight ripple to the surface, this is only achieved through burnishing.
- White and gold were particularly admired for their ‘purity’
- 16.5inches (42cm) high x 10 inches (25.3 cm) wide; base: 3.5 inches (8.8cm) square
Complimentary Fine Art Shipping and Zero Import Duties On Full Price Purchases
Nicholas Wells Antiques Ltd are busy antique dealers in London with multiple sales channels and international sales executives.
Secure this item now before it is sold. To order by phone or get more information call us at +44(0)2076920897
2 users have this item in wishlist
Financing is available on request via Art Money.
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.