19th Century Grand Tour Bust of Julius Caesar
- 19th Century statuary marble bust of Julius Caesar 12 July 100 BC – 15 March 44 BC
- Julius Caesar was a highly regarded statesman and military general who was instrumental in the foundation of the Roman Empire
- Carved in pure white statuary marble, highly prized for its colouration and subtle translucency.
- The finest white marble for sculpture was sourced from the quarries at Pietra Santa and Carrara in Tuscany.
- This carved marble bust dates to the 19th century, it would have been collected by a wealthy tourist on the ‘Grand Tour’
- This bust would be perfect for a library as Julius Caesar was both a historian and author of Latin prose.
- Height 49 x 24cm Base diameter 19cm
Complimentary Fine Art Shipping and Zero Import Duties On Full Price Purchases
To order by phone or get more information call us at +44(0)2076920897